House Painting Preparation Sapphire NC
The quality of the facade, after painting it in Sapphire, directly depends on such factors as:
- preparation of the facade for painting;
- correctness and literacy of work with paints and varnishes;
- the quality of the paint and its compatibility with the surface on which it is applied.
When preparing the surface for staining, you should perform the following actions:
- If you have old paint or areas where there is flaking, you should completely get rid of them.
- The surface must be completely repaired, all cracks must be repaired and the surface level.
- Next, dry the facade of the building, and then apply a hardening soil solution to its surface.
- Further, if necessary, the surface is cleaned of dust and grease.
- To even out the color of the facade, it is covered with an opaque primer, which increases the adhesion of the paint to the surface.
Also, when preparing the facade for painting, you should repair the drainage system, the balcony, dry the surface, and clean it from mold and mildew. If there are reasons why the walls are constantly exposed to moisture, such as problems with the foundation or cracks, these should be resolved before painting. Otherwise, after a while, the paint will become moldy.
Painting Prep For Sapphire NC Homes
Therefore, the main goals of surface preparation for painting are to improve its strength and increase adhesion. The most time-consuming preparation process is cleaning the surface from old paint and loose areas. For these purposes, brushes and special equipment are used. Also, a sandblasting option is possible.
If there is a solid and not contaminated surface, it does not need repair; however, drying the facade surface before painting it is mandatory for all surfaces.
If the facade’s surface is not leveled before painting, then fillers and paints on a putty base are used for painting it. The use of an opaque primer is a must since it can be used to improve the paint and the surface to be painted, and it is also possible to reduce paint consumption since the surface becomes homogeneous.
If the facade of the building contains materials of different composition, then the following actions should be performed:
- If there is a small amount of foreign material, then it is enough to apply a primer to its surface and paint with the same paint as the facade.
- If foreign materials are found on the facade in large quantities, then each of the parts of the facade is painted with a paint that is suitable for it.
Quite often, the dyeing quality is unsatisfactory if the work with the paint was carried out incorrectly. First of all, during the painting process, suitable weather conditions must be observed. Too high or low temperatures are unacceptable, as the air humidity is too high or the wind is strong. Also, the paint must be properly thinned to evenly coat the surface without dripping.…